Friday, May 25, 2012

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Soft and Gentle Swatches


My tried and true Porcelain Pink mineralize skinfinish finally bit the dust last week. I had been scraping at the bottom of the pan for a couple of weeks trying to get every last bit of it, but I finally had to face that I just needed to buck up and go buy another. Unfortunately, MAC has nothing on the market currently that really compares with Porcelain Pink in any way. In fact, they don't seem to have anything out that has a pink base at all! So, I ended up pick up this Soft and Gentle, a more bronzy tan than I am used to, but I think it is rather appropriate for summer.





Soft and Gentle is a bit more glittery than I am used to, but it is not so much that I feel gaudy or like I couldn't wear it to the office. In fact, in addition to brushing it along my cheekbones and up around my eyes (think a "C" shape around the hollow of your eye) the added shimmer in this makes it perfect to do double duty as an eye shadow! In these pictures I have swatched it with no primer on the left, on top of a shimmer primer in the middle, and a matte primer on the right. As you can see, it makes a very pretty, shimmery eye shadow. 



.

These are a pretty penny, weighing in at $29 a pop, but in my opinion they are worth every cent. They give
you the most gorgeous glow and, with use everyday, my last one lasted almost a year. If you are lucky you can also occasionally find these at the Cosmetics Company Outlets at a discounted price. Anyway, I just love these, they are so silky smooth and versatile... I wish I could afford to pick up more colors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment