Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's Day Mani

Green is not normally my color, especially green nail polish. For some reason I just don't like the way it looks. However, for St. Patrick's Day exceptions need to be made. I also don't own very much in the way of green clothing or accessories so I try to do the green thing with nails and makeup.

This year I went for for a green combo with Essie's Incognito as the majority of the mani and just a hint of sparkle on the index finger with Zoya's Riva. Combo manicures are very much the rage right now and while I am not usually a band wagon jumper, I think that this is a really fun trend. Manicures like this are perfect if you are just getting into polish and/or tend to be more conservative with your color choices. You can choose are more subtle or subdued color for the bulk of your nails and showcase a pop of a bright color, glitter, etc. on a single finger that you maybe wouldn't be comfortable wearing as a full mani. It is also just a fun way to ass some dimension and interest to your nails. This combo got a lot of positive attention and I loved the look, so I will definitely be doing more daily manicures like this!


I hope everyone had a great weekend and had a couple of delicious green libations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment