Monday, April 23, 2012

An April Wedding: What I Wore - The Outfit

For the second installment about what I wore to the wedding this weekend, I would like to share with you my wedding day digs. I was really happy with how the whole outfit came together and felt very confident the whole evening, so I am very excited to share!







Dress: Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique in Hyacinth via Nordstrom Rack
Shoes: Fiona by Payless (from years ago)
Gold Scarf: Forever 21
Necklaces and Earrings: Forever 21
Yellow Cocktail Ring: Nordstrom Rack
Black Envelope Clutch: Forever 21

The color of this dress was the perfect purple for my skintone and the ruched waste-band and low neckline were super flattering. The dress is also a comfy stretch jersey so it was comfortable and wrinkle-free the whole night and was perfect for dancing. One of the reasons I chose to buy this dress is that it can easily be dressed up or dressed down for different occasions simply by pairing it with different accessories. As a girl on a pretty strict budget, I never like to buy anything that I can only wear to one event. I will be able to wear this dress with flip-flops on a summer weekend or with flats to the office, and by adding sparkly jewelry and gold strappy heels (with a low heel height for dancing of course!) this dress was perfect for the cocktail attire required at this event. I brought along this scarf, which has shiny, metallic threading, to use as a wrap in case it got chilly, however the weather was really warm Saturday so I ended up not needing it. 

I really loved this outfit and I very much look forward to the opportunity to wear this dress again! I hope that you enjoyed my first real non-polish post and hopefully there will be more of these to come!


1 comment:

  1. That color is fantastic on you - you looked great!

    I'm happy I finally found your blog!

    ReplyDelete