Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Busy Week and an Interview Mani

As I mentioned in my last post, this last week has been a bit of a whirlwind. In addition to having several interviews earlier this week, one of my girlfriends/roommate/sorority sister from college is getting married today! So of course this meant lots of shopping looking for the perfect dress and shoes to wear to the shindig, and a reunion/Bachelorette party thursday night! It was so great getting to see so many of my sisters, some of which I haven't seen in quite a long while. I am super excited about the wedding tomorrow and will definitely do an update about my nails and outfit!

On a less fun note, I have been looking for a new job and had a couple of interviews downtown earlier in the week. I overestimated the time I would need, so I stopped at a local Starbucks to pick up a delicious Tazo Refresh tea and decided to snap a few pictures of my interview manicure. *Sorry for the picture quality... my camera phone can only do so much!*




I realize that this would not be an appropriate choice for all interviews in all industries, but for the roles that I am interested in, it is ok to show a little personality. I try to do this with little punches of color, maybe a purple shoe or a bright printed top, and sometimes I add a little interest to my manicure. I talk alot with my hands, so it is imperative for the nails to be well-groomed and if they are a little bit unusual it can sometimes be a great conversation starter that gives me the opportunity to talk about one of my passions.


For this manicure, I chose two colors that I consider fairly demure and interview worthy. Similar shades of pink in different tonalities. The base here is China Glaze - Fuchsia Fanatic, another member of the Spring 2012 collection and as the name implies a beautiful fuschia pink. On top is China Glaze - Seduce Me, a more subdued raspberry pink. I think that either of these polishes worn on their own, while beautiful, create typical pink, some-what boring manicures. But when layered in a reverse french, offer a unique twist on "appropriate".

What would you don on your digits for an interview??


No comments:

Post a Comment