Friday, April 6, 2012

China Glaze - Shocking Pink

Amazing neon pink! Shocking Pink is lighter than similar Pink Voltage and Pool Party but still offers that great neon punch that is especially visible in direct sunlight. This is one of those summer polishes that you want to wear to the beach or to a BBQ that will get tons of attention and I think will look good on pretty much any skin tone. 


I had the same application problems with this polish as I do with most neons, they tend to be streaky and you have to be really careful not to get brush drag at the base of your nail. I needed three coats to get full coverage. It dries matte, so if you like shine, like myself, you'll need a high-gloss topcoat. I always have trouble with neons chipping much more quickly than other polishes, and Shocking Pink was no exception. I find that washing dishes and showering always lead to big chips, so I tend to keep wear time pretty short for most neon polishes. This certainly doesn't keep my from buying and using them though!


Shocking pink does look quite different in differing lighting situations, sometimes appearing very neon and sometimes appearing as a much softer pink. I took a bunch of different pictures and I think that these few give a pretty good idea of what this polish looks like.


This is definitely a great sunshine weather polish that I will bust out frequently this summer. I think it will make an especially great pedicure color too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the neon pink! I have a neon orange color on my nails right now. I didn't think that I would like it but I actually love the neon.

    ReplyDelete